Thursday, June 17, 2010

I was almost depressed this morning...

after getting on the scale and seeing 159.7 again!  But my glucose was 85 which is great.  The thing that brought me back from the brink was taking my waist measurement... very risky... that could have caused a suicidal reaction but I had lost a little over an inch of blubber since my last measurement.  Yay!  Now - next time I measure if the inch is back... someone please call 911.  :)  Really I think it's this damn weather making me all crazy.  Yeah I said it... damn!  I moved over here to get away from this drizzly crap.  Perhaps this is to make up for the lack of snow this winter.  I feel like I'm being punished and I don't like it.  The only good thing about the rain is... well, sorry I got a big fat nothin!  Ok... done.  Moving on now.  Oh wait!  My lettuces in the garden love this nasty weather.  Ok... that's one.  And... I finally got around to planting my sunflowers yesterday evening so the rain will help them germinate so that's two... although some nice sprinkler action would have worked just as well... so I'm back to one.  Speaking of my lettuces... I went out to harvest some yesterday and found my Walla Walla onions all scratched up by the stupid chickens.  I stomped into the barn and insisted that Dave help me put up a chicken wire fence around the garden.  He agreed but then decided that we should just put bird netting over the chicken yard.  Their fence is about 5' high but some of them fly out.  He thought it would be quicker. He LIED!  Since the bird netting was not wide enough we had to sew two pieces together and then tie it down.  Ever tried sewing 30' of bird netting with fishing line?  We were still out there finishing up at almost 10pm.  He was very happy when we were done.  He said, "I'd like to see those magpies get through that!"  That's when I knew I'd been outfoxed again.  He didn't care about my onions at all - he's still obsessing over those stupid magpies!  I know how I'll get him back... he is a big time penny pincher so every time I cut up an onion from the store - which is pretty much every day I'll tell him how much I could have saved if the chickens hadn't eaten all my Walla Wallas.  :)  By the way... I did get two big tubs full of lettuce and it was very beautiful :)


Have a fabulous little day - I hope it is not raining where you are!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment