Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hi, I'm Kathy and I'm a Snackoholic...

Well first... 162.9 lbs and glucose 102.  So yay, a little progress.  But the late night snacking is killing me!  With the best of intentions I sat down to catch up on some of my cooking shows and Friends where Ross bleached his teeth... classic!  Anyway I crocheted for a while and then somehow I was drawn into the kitchen where I shoveled in spoon after spoonful of that nutty granola I made.  It really is good :)  Then I finished off the peanuts in the shell that remained in the bag... not too many... but then I sat with a small bowl of pistachios too.  Oh Dear God!  And that's not just an exclaimation... I'm pretty sure I need divine intervention... an excersion or something.  How bout if I get my lazy butt of the couch?  Habits are hard to change!  I love my lounge lizard time.  I thumb through my mags and books and... dream of food!  Big sigh... but what sweet dreams!

We planted corn in Dave's garden yesterday afternoon - just before a nice downpour.  Today promises to be a beautiful day.  We are going to head out to town now (Saturday is shopping day) so we can be back to enjoy the afternoon here.  When we get back I'm going to plant some herb barrels and also the giant pumpkin seeds that I spent an hour looking for yesterday.  Makes me so mad... of course they were in front of my face the whole time!  And sunflowers.  Last year my sunflowers were awesome!  Dave will probably sit perched by the chicken coup and wait for magpies to come around.  :)

Sunflowers from last year :)

Ok... had a great day!  We are back with six beautiful hanging flower baskets and more garden plants.  Our little local garden center had baskets and plants at a great price.  I decided to do an assortment of herb starts rather than start them from seed at this point.  I also got an Anaheim Chili and Jalapeño.  Oh... and two spaghetti squash and two acorn squash plants.  Dave already hung the baskets and I want to take pics but the sun is in the wrong spot for that.  Maybe I can get on in the morning.  They are hanging between the post on our wrap around porch.  So pretty!  Now all I need is new patio furniture - and a bowl of chips :)  NOT!   I actually have to get busy!  I have so much stuff to plant.  I'm dreaming of tomatoes and basil from my garden!  



2 comments:

  1. If you keep a journal of this it may turn into a cookbook that others can get healthier from. Sign me up! C

    PS: I will cry crocodile tears if you get rid of "The Chair of Power and Knowledge"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You talking about the old gold chair? :) I'm sure that will never die! It's a Lazyboy!

    ReplyDelete