Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Princess... I can't believe I am doing this :)

It has been suggested that I take a day off and allow this guest writer to amuse us with the following story.  If you are closely related to the princess you will be familiar with this tale.  It has been said that beloved fairy tales begin with an element of truth and over time take on the character of those telling the tale.  It is certainly true in this case.  If any of the "band of brothers" are reading this... best not to enjoy too much as I believe there is also a fable named... Little Blue Sambo.  Enjoy :)

THE PRINCESS

A short story by her father, Wally Taylor of Bear Spring, Tennessee

There once lived a beautiful young princess in a far off city called Birmingham, Alabama. She had long curls, and was fair, freckled and very fast on her toes. She held total dominion over her subjects, her brothers, two older and one younger, with an iron hand. One fine day, her brothers, who suffered mightily under her iron discipline, decided that they would try to discover the source of her power, and by so doing, be able to increase their strength and reduce the might of their sovereign princess. Their plans were formulated with great cunning and considerable trepidation, for should they be discovered, the full wrath of the fiery princess would descend upon their wretched heads. In the fullness of time, a day came when our fair lady was attending to her personal needs, in the sanctuary of her bathing room. A great hue and cry arose, with the accompanying din of a clanging bell, while three noble citizens named Genus, Patricus and Jeffro cried out--”FIRE!, FIRE!, FIRE“. Her majesty, who had been firmly ensconced upon her throne, deep in thought about the weighty affairs affecting her domain, upon hearing the terrified cries of the poor citizenry, leaped up from her throne, without the help of any attendants, and fled into the hallway of her palace. Her very deeply concerned brothers rushed to her aid and excitedly advised her that she might suffer grave harm in running, if she did not retrieve her royal panties, which being around her ankles, could be a great hindrance to flight. Instead of being gracious and thankful for their kind thoughts and solicitations, she raged and roared at them as they fled shrieking out of the palace. It was later revealed that a false alarm had been raised, and that a certain trio of oppressed brothers had, indeed, seen the source of the fair princess’s power. The conspiracy was discovered and the rebellion was short lived, for the princess soon gathered her reins and swiftly punished the foolish knaves. For years, thereafter, however, in humble homes and around cheerful hearths, the story of the valiant band of brothers would be told and retold, uplifting the hearts of countless oppressed kin, giving hope and optimism to all who aspire to rise above the meanness of their circumstances. The end.


Now how am I supposed to follow that?  :)  I won't.  I'll just report that the fat princess is having some trouble with cashews and seems to be bouncing back and forth rather than losing weight.  The fatometer measures her girth this morning as 159.7 and glucose 98.

If you enjoyed this tale please comment and thank my guest writer as he will be waiting with great anticipation to see how this was received by my four readers :)

Ciao!

13 comments:

  1. WOW,
    That is a really great little story!! I wonder if it was about Princess K.... ? Hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have never heard that story! It's great!!! I could just see "the princess" with her panties around her ankles headed for the door!! Then oh.. so much revenge!!! LMAO! By the way Mr. Taylor, very nice story.
    Deeann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's pretty funny, even though I've heard this story before, I like Pa's word choice. :)

    KatieBug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that one before! I've always wondered whose idea it was... Genus, Patricus, or Jeffro?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm Dad... did you read Deeann's comment... you would remember her better as "Blue Light". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris- I'm pretty sure the idea was hatched by your father "Genus" for he was the ringleader in all things :) I'd love to have a book of his stories... the one about telephone bug was particularly good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deeann/ "Blue Light"!June 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM

    Really????? He only know's me as blue light???? How sad..... I don't even have a souvenir of that STUPID move!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Princess, I will defend your reign of terror. I to recall being terroized (maybe a bit to storng) by the older ones. We (me and Laura) were just young innocent 8th graders that they would chase and say they were gonna kiss. LMAO now though. I do admit the story was well written by your dad. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember this well! Good story, Wally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like I do recall memories of the world revolving around a certain curly blonde princess. One can't be too surprised that the brothers had to be on their toes to secure equal time and sometimes unwanted attention. Aunty M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue Light: he may also remember you as, I Saw A Bear... It Had Green Eyes :) Ah... that's the stuff legends are made of. And O'Malley... thank you so much for coming to my defense. It wasn't all fabulous! But it mostly was :) Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see this true story being made available to even more people. It has been enjoyed by many of my friends in my German-English language group. The writer should be thinking about having it copyrighted! I'm curious about Little Blue Sambo.
    Aunt Netta

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, the Taylor family stories always make me laugh!!! That was one of the funniest ones since I can picture you totally embarassed and furious and all your brothers snickering!! At least Jeff was in on this and wasnt the victim as usual! kim

    ReplyDelete