Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Day in Paradise

It's 7am.  Everyone else is still asleep.  My coffee pot is about to beep the signal that will tear me away from this screen.  Ummm... that first sip of coffee.  Better than... many things :)  I love early mornings when it is quiet and peaceful.  The day is still brand new and full of possibilities.  I think I'll finish this, get dressed and go for a walk before breakfast. I just saw my neighbor drive out headed home to Moses Lake.  They come up for the weekend sometimes.  They don't have a home up there just a campsite.  It's high on the hill and has a pretty view.  I always like it when they leave so I can trespass :)  I walk up pretty much every day - just to make sure the deer and elk have not partied their tails off and left a big mess.   The neighbors appreciate that I care so much :)  I bet everyone will sleep in - except for Elliena.  Dave took the girls into town to Sporty's last night to show them off.  I think he likes being the most popular man in the bar.  :)  One of our neighbors who poured our walkway last year hangs out there.  When ever we have gone in for a beer Dave will wave at him and he usually pretty much ignores him.  But last night he decided to mosey over and say "Howdy".  Of course.  When you show up with two beautiful 25 year old women you are the king.  :)  I am not drinking so I thought I'd let them go and stay home with Elliena.  We had a great time.  She went to bed and I messed around with a diet website that my sister in law sent me called - FatSecret.  What is she trying to tell me I wonder?  Guess what?  When you're fat it ain't no secret man!  :)  You're supposed to  write down everything you eat and it calculates the calories... there's a lot too it.  It might be more effort than I want to put in.  I'll do it for a little while though.

Oh yesssss!  There we go.  First sip!  Ok the stats:  161.2 (not a new low but not bad considering how much taco salad, and a burger - with a "thin bun" I pounded down yesterday) and glucose 94.  Which is shocking  since I caved and had a smore down by the fire last night.  It was oh so good :)  Elliena had more than one.  Here she is eating the first one.  Check her out.  She is wearing mommy's sweatshirt and looks like she has no legs :)

And here she is once the sugar kicked in:
Ha ha!  So funny!  And ready to eat another one!  I wish I had taken a picture of her after the last smore - that she couldn't even finish.  Her face was a disaster. Tank wanted to lick it in the worst way!  I'm pretty sure she had a great time.  She told me it was the biggest fire she had ever seen in her life!  :)  She also had fun collecting eggs.  We got 4 eggs yesterday.  We've been only getting one or two because of the stupid magpies but she wanted to go check for more "baby eggs" about every 15 minutes so they didn't have time to steal them away.  Dave tells me that's what I need to do everyday.   Wonder if he thinks it's important for me to have an income?  Yes I work from my home office - but they would figure it out if every time someone calls I'm out at the hen house :)

Well... better get rolling!  I have sunflowers to plant today!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. :) Elliena just woke up and saw her pictures. She thinks she looks scary!

    ReplyDelete