Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh Baby!

Now I remember why I was thin when my kids were little.  They don't let you eat!  We had a great family evening over at Jeff & Andrea's house, my brother and sister in law.  My nephew Chris and his family are visiting from TN so we gathered up all the cousins who were living over here in the Seattle area for dinner.  I brought my little granddaughter Aubrey who will be two in August.  I was worried that I would over eat because Andrea is a fantastic cook but never fear!  Little Aubrey would not let me put her down most of the time we were there.  I think she was a little overwhelmed by all the big people.  And my oldest son Adam always scares her with his booming laugh :)  I attempted to get her to eat the little bites of meat, salad and yummy bread I had cut up and put on my plate for her but all she wanted to do was feed them to me so I had to fake eat the bread.  She didn't even let me make the salad I planned.  Thanks to Amberlyn the salad was very yummy.  She made it while I held the baby.  Jeff grilled pork tenderloin and it was fabulous.  I inhaled as much as I could in between her wiggling.  We (when I say we I don't mean me) also had crispy garlicky potatoes, several kinds of bread and brownies... ummmm brownies.  They smelled fabulous.  Little Aubrey saved me from the potatoes and brownies.  Well... I would rather hold my little baby than eat anyway so I guess that worked out ok.  It's so easy to forget all the energy it takes to run around after a toddler.  Aubrey kept me busy enough.  I don't know how I handled four small children.  Especially the mischievous Michele who was always found swinging from the chandelier or up to her elbows in the big tub of Costco margarine that I used to bake industrial batches of cookies!  I used to eat about half of them as they came out of the oven too.  I must have burned the calories running around after the little curtain climbers.  Those were the days!  It will be very interesting to see what my glucose level is in the morning.  It should be ok.  Thanks to Aubrey I ate pretty sparingly.  :)

Well, I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow after work I'm on the road again headed for home.  I can't wait to see how my new herb barrels are doing that I planted before I left.

Ciao!

p.s.   this morning my glucosse was 91!  So the Aubrey factor really worked.  In the last two days I have learned to ALWAYS request your salad dressing on the side and if you need a distraction from eating borrow a toddler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment