Thursday, June 3, 2010

And Some Mornings Are Really Worth Waking Up For :)

Woke up this morning to bright blue sky at 5:45 am.  That is the single most important ingredient necessary to make a fabulous day!  I made a little progress on the poundage side... yay!  163.8  again... every ounce counts :)  Glucose was 108.  A little higher than yesterday but not much.  Last night with dinner I toasted one piece of thick French bread with Munster cheese for Dave and sliced off a little corner for me.  I must have had oh... 20% of the slice.  I guess that could have been it... geeze!  Anyway... it was tasty :)  Still... I really want to get down to say 95 - 100 consistently.   I'm talking glucose not weight.  My dream weight would be 130.  Probably not going to happen while I'm still alive.  Maybe when I die and they fix me up they can suck the remaining fat out and Brenda can fix my hair up really pretty.  I want to rock that box!  But not until I'm about 90.  Wow... this took a turn for the worse!  :)

So...the only good things to come out of yesterday were a new little twist on a salad dressing and a side dish.  I added just a little pomegranate juice when I made up my balsamic vinaigrette.  It was really good!  And I wasn't sure what to do for a side last night so I just stir fried some cauliflower and sweet onions along with a few sun-dried tomatoes in a little oyster sauce and it turned out quite good.  Dave really liked it too.  Of course he will eat almost anything... :)

My sugar peas are poking out of the ground this morning.  I'm sure all that rain helped with the germination process.  I think I will plant some bush beans this evening.  Upon close examination of the wintered tomato plants it seems that the stalks are still alive and healthy.  I've cut all the withered leaves off and will leave them to grow for a few weeks and see what happens.  I can always jerk them up if they don't revive.  I also need to find some fennel starts.  I can never find fennel in my little Safeway store :(  Last year I started everything from seed.  I got a nice grow light for my birthday.  This year due to the trip to Europe in April I didn't get to start anything early indoors so I'm counting on finding starts at the nursery for many things.  I did sow lettuce, spinach and sugar peas directly into the ground and they are sprouting and growing now.  Yippy!  I love my garden.  I may have to fence it though... Lucy keeps trudging through it looking for sticks and the stupid chickens!  Speaking of... magpies keep getting in the hen-house breaking the eggs.  Really not cool.  Dave is now obsessed with solving this problem - and he has forbidden me to buy any eggs at the store - so he better figure it out really soon!

Ok... gotta go do my real job (insert big sigh here).  Ciao!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment