Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday! I have a love/hate relationship with Sunday

It is a day off!  But tomorrow is Monday :(  Oh man!  Really an unhealthy attitude to have about a day of the week.  I've suffered from Sunday depression most of my life.  I remember being a kid and being so sad to have to go to school the next day :)  And on top of that... rain rain rain.  :(  Bleh!  The real bummer is that when I woke up this morning the sky was blue!  Ok... enough of that.  On the positive side... I'm curled up  on the couch watching a show on the big screen about the Continental Divide trail.  Pretty stuff.  I'm getting ready to go make a tomato/fresh mozzarella/basil salad and just realized... I have no basil :(  I do have a bunch of dill in my garden though so I think I'll just substitute that.  But I don't want to go outside to get it.  :)

This morning the stats were 163.5 lbs and glucose 114.  Glucose is higher than it has been for the last week or so.  I ate two things yesterday that could have caused that and I ate them both at the same time.  I made burgers (yum!) and used those little whole grain thin buns.   They were quite good.  Dave liked them too.  They are only 100 calories and whole grain but still - bread!  And the other thing - and this is what I think was the real offender: a small piece of awesomely ripe papaya.  The papaya was a really big one too.  Larger than I usually see in the produce section.   I put half of it away and then sliced about 30% of the other half for me and gave Dave the large piece.  I know tropical fruit is on the high end of the glycemic index, that's why I had such a small piece.  Dave also threw a fresh pineapple in the cart.  That's going to do the same thing  :(  I let him eat the other half of the papaya all by himself today.  Next week I'll test the thin buns again with no fruit and see what it does.

Dang... still raining.  Guess I'll go fold laundry :)  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment