Friday, June 11, 2010

Stuff That Makes Me Smile

As much as I enjoy my bimonthly trips to the Woodinville I am alway ready to go home.  I've come to enjoy the drive home - once I get through Issaquah anyway.  It's always a treat to take Hwy 231 through the farmland and valleys.  It's a very rural and twisty drive.  There is very little traffic and I've found I can drive as fast as I am comfortable.  If I have had a Starbucks double shot I tend to really breeze along.  The radio reception offers nothing but twangy country music which I enjoy especially if they play Josh Turner :)  Once that fades out completely I am left with my crazy mix of favorite songs on the CD.  The closer I get the louder I sing and I'm really glad there is nobody else in the car :)  The cool surprise this trip was turning a corner, looking over toward a small lake and seeing a moose wading out of the water.  I was so excited I was waving and yelling through the glass.  I was only a little disappointed that the moose didn't wave back.  Well I guess you had to be there - but next time you see a moose I guarantee you will smile!

This morning I forgot to test my glucose level but I weighed 160.4 which is about 2 lbs lighter than when I left for a total of 10 lbs since May 15th when I started this gotta get a grip journey.  Yippy!  Maybe not so surprising considering what I ate while I was away from home.  Not much!  We had appointments in Colville this morning that took until noon.  Dave wanted to stop at Subway to get something to eat but I feel like I'm on a roll so I decided to just come home and make something.  I had some boneless chicken thighs in the fridge so I thought I'd grill them with an Asian style oyster sauce and have them with a salad.  I threw together many of the usual favorites, mixed greens, tomatoes, cukes, avocado, fresh mozzarella cheese and chopped nuts with ribbons of basil on top and some balsamic pomegranate vinaigrette.  It was delightful.  Much more healthy than a sub sandwich or even a wrap.  If I am going to grill chicken with a sauce I like to use thighs.  They tend to be more moist and flavorful, not to mention cheaper.

I've been on the riding mower all afternoon mowing parts of vacant pasture.  Those giant dandelions were just getting ready to burst open so we wanted to catch them before they seeded out.  It was a pretty bumpy ride.  I felt like I was riding a mechanical bull.  I'm sure I will be very sore tomorrow.  Maybe I got a good core workout :)  This day flew by.  It's dinner time and then I have to get ready for my late arriving weekend guests.  The sun is expected to warm us up this weekend.  I have some lettuce to harvest in my garden.  Yep, that's a whole list of stuff that makes me smile!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment